Wednesday, August 11, 2010

13 Weeks


So I skipped a week on the baby update. I guess I just haven't had much to report. I haven't had any nausea lately (yay!!) but I have been getting some serious headaches. Usually a nap will cure them though, and since Derek has been getting home so early in the day I have been able to take naps pretty regularly :)

So I'm officially in my second trimester now! And according to
Baby Center, this is what's going on this week:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, an
d her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for the 21st of this month to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We're really hoping it's not too early to tell, but even so, at least we'll get to see the baby soon. Last time we had an ultrasound I was only 9 weeks along and you couldn't even see arms and legs on the baby yet. At 15 weeks the baby will be completely formed, so it will be incredible just to see how much things have changed in 6 weeks time. Plus, if they can't tell the sex of the baby yet, we get to go back for a free ultrasound later.

Well Sophia is bugging me to come play puzzles with her, so I guess I better go. She has really been demanding a lot of attention lately. She will come up to us and say "you come play with me? We play gether." And how can you say no to that?? lol

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to find out what you guys are having! It shouldn't be too early to tell. We knew Victoria was a girl at 14 weeks! So, it very well is possible! :D

    ReplyDelete