Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eli's 8 Month Update

    Yep, it's that time already! And once again, I can. not. believe it! Eli is 8 months old now, and into EVERYTHING!! He's officially crawling and trying to pull up. He makes it up on his knees, but hasn't pulled all the way up to standing yet. We lowered his crib this weekend just in case, and it's so weird to see him way down in there taking up half the mattress. I'm still breastfeeding (woot!!) and he's eating solids 3 times a day. I can't wait until he's 9 months and we can see how much he's grown! He LOVES to crawl around on the floor and get in to explore everything around the house. And now that we have carpet in the playroom he is able to go out there and play with the girls. His favorite toy at the moment is a keyboard. He will just sit there and bang on the keys and bounce up and down while smiling from ear to ear. His smile is the cutest thing I've ever seen, he can light up a room with that grin! He has also figured out that you can splash water while in the bath (which is the sink for him), I was surprised it took him so long to figure that one out. A couple of days ago he FINALLY got his first tooth!! Well, it broke through the skin and you can feel it now, but it's still exciting :) Here are some pictures that I've taken over the last week:

About to pull books off the shelf

Trying to pull up

He will crawl across the whole house for these blocks!

Got it!!

Hmmm... I think I will put it in my mouth.

Trying to escape

This is the face he gives you when you tell him
"no" then he smiles REALLY big and goes back to
whatever it was you told him "no" about

He pulled this monitor off the shelf so I put his
bouncy chair in front of the cords so he would
leave it alone, but he just crawled up under it
and pulled it of again.... it's broken now

Loving his bath :)

Trying to jump out.

5 comments:

  1. someone looks like his daddy :) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli is adorable. I love reading all about what he is doing now (and getting into!). He definitely does remind me of Derek as a baby. Don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep one day, cause I'm missing those kids something terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the updates! Eli is growing so fast. He has the cutest personality! I love his little smiles... I agree with Susan, I miss them sooooo much... It's time for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley adorable! GREAT photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious!! You take the greatest photos of him :) Capturing the sweet moments is a treasure! I love the one of him taking a bath! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete