Saturday, April 16, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies and Oreo Cupcakes

So for Christmas this past year my wonderful inlaws got me a KitchenAid stand mixer! I am so in love with it, and I've been baking like crazy just to have an excuse to use it. I'm currently trying to lose baby weight though, so I send most of the goodies with Derek to take to his shop :)

Earlier this week we were invited to dinner at the Burton's (Brad and Bea) so of course I offered to bring dessert so I could use my mixer again. I looked through my KitchenAid Baking cookbook and decided on oatmeal raisin cookies. I was pretty impressed with myself for having every single ingredient needed on hand; I'm so domestic these days, ha!

Anyway, here is a picture of the delicious cookies: 


Tomorrow is Derek's birthday, so I let him go through the book and pick out a cake and he decided on Cookies and Cream Cupcakes. And for anyone who knows me, you know I LOVE Oreos! So of course I had no problem whipping these up for the occasion. Here is the recipe for any of you who wanted it:

2 1/4   cups all-purpose flour
      1   tablespoon baking powder
   1/2   teaspoon salt
1 2/3   cups sugar
      1   cup milk
   1/2   cup (1 Stick) butter, softened
      2   teaspoons vanilla
      3   egg whites
      1   cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies), plus extra for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease cupcake pan or use paper cups.

2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in bowl of electric stand  mixer. Stir in sugar. Add milk, butter, and vanilla; beat at low speed 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.Add egg whites; beat 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup crushed cookies. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes  or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool  cupcakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove to racks; cool completely.

4. Frost cupcakes (with whatever vanilla frosting you'd like, I made my own) and garnish with additional crushed cookies.

And Whala! Here you have it... Oreo Cupcakes!!
Happy Birthday Babe! 


 







  
   

1 comment:

  1. I am actively eating one of the cookies now! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete