Thursday, March 29, 2012

Clothesline!!!

So I begged and begged Derek to build me a clothesline before he left. The thought of being able to be outside in the yard with my kids while doing actual chores just made me happy. I am also using cloth diapers now and the best way to dry them is on a line, the sun will actually bleach away any stains, and they last much longer if you don't put them in the dryer. Anyway, of course it didn't take much to talk Derek into a new project, but finding the time to fit it in was difficult, and because he is so incredibly awesome, he made sure it was done just in time :) I was able to dry my first load of laundry yesterday and I was probably way too excited about it. We also decided to put a smaller line up so the girls could help out. They love it and it really does help me a ton.

Adding the line to the posts




Isn't it beautiful?!? He seriously whipped this thing up in about two hours. 

Put the girls to work right away


They were so proud of their hard work


I am so happy with the way it turned out. Derek, once again,went above and beyond what I had imagined. He's pretty awesome like that. :) 

3 comments:

  1. i love this! especially the little one for the girls to help. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so this has happened so many times...I get ready to comment and Lori has said almost exactly what I wanted to say! Lol! I love this, especially the precious pictures of the girls and "their" clothesline! This one really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Came across your blog through the photo a day group on Flickr, you have lovely photos and such a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete