Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Afternoon at the park

    I just had to get out of the house today. So I decided I would go to Target by myself with all of the kids. I was a little nervous about it, I haven't been shopping with all 4 of them alone yet, but they were amazing!! They ate their popcorn (we always get popcorn at Target) and were so pleasant while I shopped, Eli even fell asleep!! It was amazing! So because they were so good at target, they earned a trip to the park. When we got there, the ice-cream truck had just pulled up, so of course we got some :) And then the kids had a blast running around the playground.

So excited to play!!

Enjoying our ice-cream




Sophia kept saying "Mommy, watch me use my big strong muscles to climb this!!"


She was determined to make it up this slide... she kept falling over and over, it was so funny!

Eli just hung out in his carrier the whole time :)

    When we pulled up to the house I saw a man standing on my porch, and when I got all the way in the driveway I noticed he had a black lab with him!! Stella was home!!!! Apparently she had just been running around the neighborhood, which is so weird because she's never not come when we called her; and we looked for her so many times and everyone we asked hadn't seen her all day. But he said he saw her and remembered seeing me outside a lot yesterday yelling "Stelllaaaaa!!!" haha. So he brought her by, and it was just perfect timing that I pulled up while they were here! So thank you to everyone who was praying for her safe return... we will be purchasing a dog tag for her and letting her out in the backyard from now on :) 

Silly Dog!

4 comments:

  1. i am so glad the kids were so good for you at target! it looks like they had fun at the park... and i love eli's carrier. and SOOO glad stella made it home safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Stella is home safe!!! I'm sorry we missed on the park today :( You saw the boys, especially MINE they were worn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great day and that it was topped off by Stella coming back home! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are brave... so Popcorn is the trick! I'm happy they are all getting along and learning how to behave in public... You have a lot of patience, Mandy!

    I love that look on Stella's face! I think she has a story or two to share... :)

    ReplyDelete