Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beach Day!!

    FINALLY it's not 100 degrees outside, so today we decided to hit the beach. It was the perfect day. A high of only 87 and partly cloudy. We really don't like going all the way to VA Beach, so we decided to stay in the bay. We found a really nice spot that is great for families. There are hardly any waves and it's shallow so far out that you don't have to worry about the little ones getting swept away (which is nice when there are 3 little ones out there) The girls had so much fun and Eli slept most of the time. I actually got to sit in my chair and relax under the sun for a while. I haven't been able to do that yet this summer. Now we're back at home and it's raining and all the kids are sleep, it's been the perfect day! I snapped some pictures with my phone, but it was so bright I couldn't really tell what I was getting. They aren't the best, but I'll share them anyway :)



This would have been so cute if I had gotten them to all look and smile, but right after I got this one Alyssa fell and went all the way under and was crying for the next five minutes... the moment was lost. lol

This is Alyssa "swimming"

They could walk all the way out to those rocks. They thought they were so big!

Lunch time!


he was so tired!

Love him :)

Eli's makeshift tent... ours was not cooperating today with the wind.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I was there... I'm so glad you got some well deserved R & R after the day you had yesterday!

    You and Derek are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yall are so cute!! So glad yall had a poopless fun day :)
    <3 yall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad y'all had a great day...loved all the pictures! Can't wait for our beach time next week!

    ReplyDelete